We strive to have a clean, safe place for people to enjoy making new friends and clean chat rooms where people don't have to worry about being hit on or harassed. If you see any behavior that is offensive or feeling threatened in any way please contact an admin or moderator. Having a safe environment for our users involves people speaking up if something falls into these types of behavior. If you notice anything please contact an admin or moderator.
- Guard your identity
- Don’t feel pressured into anything
- People in the chat may not be who they say they are
- Be wary of professionally edited profile photographs
- Look for inconsistencies
- Don’t fall for false emotions
- Never send money, bank information, or credit card details
- Never meet in person someone you only chatted with online
- Report all inappropriate behavior
Types of Behaviors You Should Report
- Offensive behavior such as racism, misogyny, or pedophilia
- Unwelcome sexual advances
- Vulgar language or excessive swearing
- Spam or solicitation (someone trying to sell something)
- Finding that a member is underage
- Requests for money or material goods
- Anything that makes you uncomfortable or suspicious
- See an image posted in the chat or on someone's site profile of a inappropriate or offensive nature.
Protect Your Identity
Don’t choose an online ID that uses your real name, and never give any information during a chat that can be used to identify or locate you. This includes your last name, photos of you, what school you go to, where you hang out, and location information such as your state, city and, obviously, your street address.
Trust No One
It’s fine to chat with your friends online, but know that people online are sometimes not who they say they are, so you should never meet anyone in person who you only know online. Even if you’re sure you know who someone is, remember that predators are really good at creating personas to deceive people.
Keep your Guard Up
When it comes to online chat, never let your guard down. There are a ton of predators out there who are really good at deceiving you and earning your trust so you need to always be vigilant about who you are chatting with, what you are chatting about, and what information you are sharing. This chat is not intended for children. Parental control systems in products such as Kaspersky PURE can help enforce rules and keep children safe as well.
Clean Chat Rooms
Our chat rooms are all secure, encrypted, and monitored by moderators. However even these measures won’t stop some people from starting inappropriate conversations and saying things that can make you feel uncomfortable. You must be especially careful about accepting PM, private message, invitations. Don’t accept a PM invitation from anyone you don’t know personally. Never give your chat account password out to anyone, including friends.
A clean chat room is one not indented for dating, hookups, or adult material. That isn’t to say relationships are not possible or the content of the conversation is not mature. Clean chat rooms are here for people who want to talk as they would in a coffee house. The conversations are respectful, interesting, and often humorous. See Chat Rules