Thank God It’s FRIDAY! I look forward to weekends so I can sleep an extra 2 minutes in the morning 🙂 . My kids never let me sleep in and it totally sucks! But that’s okay since I get to make and eat these Healthy Banana Oats Muffins all weekend.
I love eating a piece of the Healthy Banana Oats Muffin with a cup of coffee every morning. The kids also enjoy it with a cup of milk for breakfast or have them during snack times. They are very delicious and kid friendly. You can also freeze these muffins in a zip lock and thaw them in the fridge the night before you want to eat them.
HOW TO MAKE THE HEALTHY BANANA OATS MUFFIN:
To start, have two bowls ready. Mash up the bananas and mix all the liquid in one bowl and then mix all the dry ingredients in another. Pour in the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix by hand with a wooden spoon until you obtain a smooth batter.
Spray your muffin pan with a non-stick baking spray. Scoop in the batter with an ice-cream scoop or spoon and fill the tins through 3/4 of the way. In another bowl, prepare the topping. Add some topping mix to each muffin tin.
Bake the muffins and then let them cool down on room temperature. You can store these Healthy Banana Oats Muffin in an air tight container or freeze however many you need in a zip lock bag. Make sure they are completely cool before you freeze them. I hope you enjoy the muffins as much as I do with my cup of coffee 😉 XoXo…
This Healthy Banana Oats Muffin recipe makes a delicious breakfast and snack for healthy eating families! They are super easy to make and freeze well.
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsps. cinnamon powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups of wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup vegetable /canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 3 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a bowl, mash the bananas and add all the wet ingredients together. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix all the try ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients and hand mix all the ingredients together to obtain a smooth batter.
- In another smaller bowl, add the topping ingredients and gently rub together the butter and other ingredients with your fingers to obtain a crumble mix.
- Spray a muffin pan with a non stick spray and line your muffin tin with muffin paper cups. Fill in 3/4 way through. Top with some crumble mix.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and set aside at room temperature to cool down.
- Serve or store in a zip lock bag and freeze.
You may also enjoy: