Monkey Bread is so easy to make, simply toss, bake, and enjoy! A combination of tender biscuit dough, cinnamon sugar and pecans are smothered in a quick buttery sauce and baked until golden and sticky!
This sweet treat makes a great special weekend breakfast or an evening treat while watching movies with the fam! Serve alongside a Fresh Fruit Salad or with a bowl full of berries.
A Sweet Breakfast Treat
Monkey bread is easy to make and everyone loves it! Canned biscuits make for easy meals (like Bubble Pizza Bread) but also for great breakfasts!
What is Monkey Bread? Monkey bread is sometimes called Cinnamon Roll Bites, or even Pull Apart Bread because biscuits are rolled in cinnamon sugar, tossed with nuts (optional) and then piled into a bundt pan. The mixture is topped with a brown sugar butter sauce that caramelizes while it bakes.
Once baked, the Monkey Bread is flipped over onto a plate for an easy to pull apart sticky bun treat!
How To Make Monkey Bread
Cinnamon Monkey Bread is easy to put together and even easier to pull apart!
- Sauce: Combining butter and brown sugar, this will be the sticky sauce.
- Biscuits: Cut each biscuit into quarters and toss in cinnamon sugar.
- Layer: Layer sugared biscuits and pecans (optional) in a greased pan. Top with butter sauce.
- Bake and enjoy!
Let this sticky sweet concoction cool for a few minutes and then carefully invert onto a plate. Serve warm to pull apart or serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
To Make Monkey Bread Ahead:
- Prepare the sugar butter mixture and leave at room temperature.
- Toss the biscuits with sugar and layer in the pan as directed. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Melt the butter mixture in the microwave for a few seconds if needed. Pour over the monkey bread and bake as directed.
Monkey Bread Variations
- Nuts: Swap out pecans for walnuts or your own favorites. Leave the nuts out if you’d prefer.
- Fill: Fill the biscuits with Nutella to create an easy Nutella Stuffed version
- Fruit: Add chopped apples, pears, blueberries or other fruits into the mix before baking.
- Biscuits: I use canned biscuits but if you’d like a homemade monkey bread, use Easy Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits.
- Cinnamon Rolls: Swap out the biscuits for canned cinnamon rolls (and drizzle the frosting on top after baking).
More Breakfast Treats
- Quick and Easy French Toast – Breakfast in minutes (use any kind of bread)
- Easy Banana Bread Recipe – Make ahead, freezes well.
- Overnight Apple Pie French Toast Casserole – Great for holidays or guests.
- Copy Cat CinnaBon Recipe – Personal favorite recipe!
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole – Use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Banana Nut Crunch Muffins – All time reader favorite!
Monkey Bread is super fun to make! Just toss, pull-apart, bake, and enjoy!
- 2 rolls biscuit dough (16.3 oz each)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- Combine butter and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Toss biscuits with cinnamon mixture.
- Layer sugared biscuits and pecans in a greased bundt pan. Top with brown sugar topping.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden. Invert onto a plate and serve warm with whipped cream.
REPIN this Easy Breakfast Recipe